Support our work by hosting your own fundraiser
From age 10 to 60, it's incredibly heartwarming to see the lengths our supporters go to for our rescue centre. Everything you do to support us is vital, and we wholeheartedly appreciate it.
If you'd like to get involved by holding your own fundraising event, there are loads of fun ways you can help raise crucial funds for our rescued horses, ponies and donkeys.
We've created the list below to help you get started.
Fundraising event ideas
- Birthday parties, celebrations and funerals – ask your guests to make a donation rather than giving presents.
- Hold sponsored sports events or tournaments, like darts, pool, snooker, tennis, golf or football.
- Fun runs, walks and toddles with children.
- Triathlons, half marathons and marathons.
- Bike rides.
- Pony treks.
- Social events.
- Corporate days.
- Quiz nights and bingo nights.
- Race nights.
- Jumble sales, coffee mornings and cake sales.
- Fashion shows, dinner parties and charity balls.
- Tea dances.
- Musical event, comedy nights, theatrical productions and karaoke evenings.
How to advertise your fundraising event
Getting the word out about your event is crucial to success. Here's a list of just some of free places you could advertise your fundraising event:
- Word of mouth – tell everyone you know about what you are doing.
- Facebook, Twitter and other social media.
- Local radio stations – most local stations have a free community notice events announcement slot.
- Local newspapers and newsletters.
- Church, school or local supermarket notice boards.
- Create posters to put up around your area.
Register your event with us so we can help support you
We have an extensive contact network and highly active Facebook page, and would be only too happy to help spread the word about your fundraising efforts. We can also supply you with information leaflets about our rescue centre to hand out at your event.
To register your event, simply email firstname.lastname@example.org with all the details, including the type of event, when (date and time), where and how much you hope to raise.
Don't forget to tell everyone how your event went
Once it's all over, get back in touch with your supporters to let them know how your event went. Be sure to take a few photographs during the event to help show people what a success it was.
Feel free to send us an email once it all wraps up with full details of your event and how much you raised, so we can publicly thank you for your efforts, too.
Thank you for your support.